Praise be for Iris Hill.
1. For trees here are plentiful, and render shade and many tasty acorns for me.
2. For I enjoy many good things.
3. For I sleep, and wake, and live in fresh Ozark air, and it is sweet.
4. For there is green all around me, and it is delicious.
5. For I may root in the cool soil and find my rest there.
6. For these hens lay many eggs, and I enjoy the bounty thereof.
7. For I am early a-field, gleaning breakfast in the rising sun.
8. For Farmer Merry knows the best places to scratch.
9. For there is a party at the swimming hole every evening, and much mud is to be had.
10. For there is milk and whey from the cow.
11. For Farmer Merry cooks much with apples, and I help.
12. For I am a hog of Iris Hill, and many times blessed.
Merry Schepers lives on a farm with her heritage pigs in Nixa, MO.